Consider the following budget-friendly ideas for using candles as part of your wedding décor. Use traditional white candles for a classic look, or choose candles that complement or match your wedding colors for a more contemporary twist.
- Have bridesmaids carry small candles or candle lanterns adorned with flowers for a unique twist on traditional bouquets.
- Line the church steps or reception entrance with rows of luminaries in white paper bags. Use votive candles or tealights for the luminaries.
- Encircle small arrangements with small pillar candles or tea lights in clear or colored glass votive holders for an intimate table decoration. Remember to use unscented candles for the reception-scented candles can clash with the flavor of the food.
- Place an assortment of floating candles in a glass bowl accented with party lights in the center of each table. Scatter rose petals or small floating flowers in the glass bowl around the base of each party light for a stylish eclectic look .
- Hang candle chandeliers over each table to free up space and create a more glamorous, dramatic look.
- Small pillar candles or votives with personalized labels make beautiful, memorable favors. Choose votives that coordinate with your wedding colors (lavender and gardenia are always great favorites), then create or order a small label bearing an expression of love, gratitude or appreciation. Tie it to a candle with a festive ribbon and place them on a table near the guest book.
- Create a dramatic centerpiece by combining four to eight pillar candles with different heights on a fire proof holder. Use unscented white or ivory pillars in 3", 4", 6", 9" and 12". Space the non fragranced pillar candles approximately 2 inches apart
- The light of a candle can change the backyard or terrace into one of your house's most charming areas. Bring a sparkle of candlelight to your patio dinner with groupings of white or cream colored pillar candles or dinner candles protected by hurricanes or votive holders. Think about sconces for an outside or garden wall, and luminaries to light the garden walkway. Votive candles and tealight candles are great candles for this décor idea.